Like us on
Link to this site
Permaculture Techniques - Organic Gardening
Organic gardeners tend to do the following when planning and managing their properties:
- Manage the whole garden organically - not just the fruit and vegetables.
- Make the garden 'wildlife friendly', encouraging natural creatures to control pests.
- Learn to distinguish pests from predators
- Play to your garden's strengths, capitalising on its particular characteristics.
- Make soil care a priority.
- Make compost and leafmould to feed the soil .
- Reuse and recycle, to cut down the use of finite resources and reduce disposal problems.
- Use organically grown seeds as far as possible.
- Consider the environmental implications when choosing materials for hard landscaping, fencing, soil improvement and so forth.
- Collect rain water, and reduce the need for watering by improving the soil and growing appropriate plants.
- Make local sources your first choice.
- Stop using slug pellets!
- Control weeds without herbicides.
- Avoid the use of preservative treated wood.
- Say 'NO' to genetically modified varieties .
Our ever-changing view!
Moonset ~ Roll Cloud ~ Sunset
|care for earth,
care for people,
Recently Added Pages
Bookworm is currently reading...
This site is sponsored by
ALWAYS LEARNING BOOKS
Publishers of Australian
books on Home Education.
The Educating Parent
Beverley's other websites