Like us on
Link to this site
Permaculture Year Planner
Staying organised is one of the hardest aspects of a busy permaculture lifestyle, whether you live on a rural or urban property. Here is a quick reference to remind you of things that may need doing. This calendar is based on my personal calendar and is constantly changing. It also suggests things that you can do that are environmentally friendly and will enhance your well being as well as that of your local community on a daily basis.
Do you have a suggestion of something you would like to see on our planner? Then tell us about it!
Planting guides are for a temperate zone only.
- Sow broad beans, but watch out for wind damage and stake if necessary and grow in dense stands.
- Pickle vegetables such as onions, cabbage, cucumbers, beetroot and caluiflower.
- Transplant beetroot, broccoli, brussle sprouts, cabbage, celery, herbs, leeks, lettuce, silverbeet.
- Sow out carrot, chicory, cress, endive, mustard, onion, parsnip, peas, radish, salsify, spinach, turnip, swede, braod beans, radish, spring onion, turnip.
- Use residue of pea and bean crops for mulch.
- Use Derris Dust or Dipel on cabbabe white butterfly; check for caterpillars on grape vines
- Chop and compost corn stalks.
- Plant green manure crops, like barley, peas, beans and lupins.
- It's blackberry and apple time of year! Continue to dry and serve fruit harvest.
- Dry and store onions and garlic (keep air circulating when stored)
- Thoroughly dry walnuts before storing.
- Collect seed from best plants left to go to seed (not hybrids); dry seed, labelled, packed and stored in cool, dry place away from vermin.
- Protect frost sensitive plants and seedlings.
- Remember to Slip, Slop and Slap - Summer Sun Safe - Wear a Hat!
- Collect up and add old and diseased leaves from vegetable garden to the compost.
- Despite cooler days it could still be very dry so watch out for wilting and keep up the deep watering.
- Turn compost heap regularly.
Our ever-changing view!
Moonset ~ Roll Cloud ~ Sunset
|care for earth,
care for people,
Recently Added Pages
Bookworm is currently reading...
This site is sponsored by
ALWAYS LEARNING BOOKS
Publishers of Australian
books on Home Education.
The Educating Parent
Beverley's other websites